Thursday, September 6, 2012

Polish Haul! (Sally Hansen, Sinful Colors, Wet N' Wild, etc)

Have I got a polish haul for you guys ! These were not all purchased at the same time. This is a collective haul from the past two weeks.

My first stop was at Rite Aid. I had a dollar off coupon for the Maybelline Color Show polish. Plus, there was the new fall collection out. PLUS, Maybelline is one of the brands in the Glam Camp promotion. & I decided to pick up 'Boho Glam'. I ended up only paying $2.19 for this. 
(Boho Gold)

Then, I went to Family Dollar to pick up some nail polish remover, and or course, had to look at the polish. I came across this green color by L.A. Colors, called 'Palm Tree', and I just HAD to have it ! As you probably already know, this was $1. 
(Palm Tree)

Then, I took another trip to rite aid to spend the rest of the $15 towards the glam camp promotion. I picked up three Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polishes, and one Jesse's Girl polish. The Xtreme Wears were $2.39 a piece, and the Jesse's Girl was on clearance for $1.50. 
 (Pink Satin, In The Spotlight, Celeb City)

(Carolina Beach)

Then, I took a trip to Walgreens. (Since Sinful Colors is 99 cents again this week). & I picked up five Sinful Colors polishes, and one Pure Ice polish. All of the polishes were $0.99.
 (Zincing of You, Super Nova, Hot Hot Heat, Gone Platinum, Precious Metal)

(Twinkle)

Finally I stopped at Kmart just to browse at what was new. & guess what ! They had their Halloween stuff out, including the Halloween makeup displays ! I came across the Fantasy Makers display, and had to get one of the tombstone polishes ! I also, got a glitter, but we'll get to that in a moment. The polish was $1.99, and the glitter was $2.99.
(Once Upon a Time)

Like I mentioned just a moment ago, I also got a glitter. Which is right here, 

Now, let me just tell you a short story. I have tried twice to make a 'franken polish' or 'DIY polish', and those attempts failed misserably. The glitter always sank, and the polish was hard to mix up. I bought this glitter to use as another attempt at making a glitter polish. I did infact already try it, and it does separate, BUT it very easy to shake back up, and it takes much longer to separate.  This glitter is wonderful to use for the DIY glitter polishes. 
 (Here is the glitter, and the polish with the glitter in it) 
 (A blurrier version, you can see the holographic much better)
(Compared to Wet N' Wild's Kaleidoscope ~ Left - Kaleidoscope, Right - DIY Glitter)
(Clearer picture) 

No comments:

Post a Comment