Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Vintage Rose Nails

     I have decided to give the vintage rose design a try. It is a very pretty design  and I can't believe it took me so long to try it out. It is a very easy design to achieve, and I have filmed a tutorial. It is inserted below.

     I chose to use a pastel yellow base, for two reasons. 1. My boyfriend purchased the new Sinful Colors Sugar Rush collection for me. I wanted to do swatches for this blog, and I already owned one of the colors in the display. That color is Unicorn, a pastel yellow. I figured I would use it for this design, so I can photograph some swatch pictures. Plus, I think this particular color goes great with the design. 2. Almost everyone who has done this design has used a minty color. I've even seen some blue, purple, and pink based ones. However, I had never seen a yellow based vintage rose design before. All he more reason to use Unicorn.

     Now, on to the design. Just a brief list of what I used: Light green, green, pink, and red acrylic paint. As well as a pastel yellow polish, and a glitter polish. I also use a striping brush, and a dotting tool.

NOTE: I photographed these nails before I decided to use a glitter polish. 


TUTORIAL! (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment