Saturday, February 16, 2013

Salon Perfect Nail Polish (Flamingo Flair)

     I took a trip to Walmart today. I hadn't actually been to this particular Walmart in several months. Last time I was there, they were smack in the middle of remodeling, it was chaos ! However, they have finished remodeling now, and this was my first time shopping there since it was done. Aside from becoming a 'super' Walmart, they also started carrying new brands. I noticed a lot of beauty products that they used not to sell, including Salon Perfect nail polishes.

     The first Salon Perfect polish I had seen was part of a display. I thought they were pretty, but not enough for their price ($4). However, a bit after I had seen that display, I came across the basic line (placed somewhere else). I immediately fell in love with a certain color, and didn't care that it was $4. I HAD TO HAVE IT ! The color I am talking about, of course, is 'Flamingo Flair'. I would describe it as a neon coral color.



     This polish is amazing, right ? RIGHT ! However, it isn't perfect. As with a lot of other neon pinks I have, this one doesn't always apply smoothly. There were a few nails I had to add three coats to just to smooth out the color. I would normally say that this polish isn't worth four dollars, BUT I have never seen a color quite like this one. I am willing to work with it, I love it that much.


     I did NOT use a white base. Just a base coat, and on average three coats of polish. 

2 comments:

  1. I did a google search for reviews of this brand to see if any one else had the same problem with it not going on smooth. Glad it isn't just me. I had to use several coats.
    I bought the color Summer Escape, as it is such an unusual color that I had to try it.
    When I go outside it turns into a much deeper, vibrant color. I think I'll add a clear top coat, to get the shine that I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found this post when googling neon coral nail polish because I just bought one from a drug store (ceramic glaze in "I'm on island time") and used it for the first time. It was also splotchy and now I'm on the hunt to find this colour with better application!

    ReplyDelete