Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hexagon Glitter Nails!

     I recently made some purchases on Ebay.  One of my purchases was a set of 72 pots of glitters. It included a variety of glitter. There was some tinsel, fine glitter, micro beads, and hexagons. After waiting a few weeks, I finally got them in the mail !

     I love all of them. However, I was most excited about the hexagons. I have never owned any hexagons before, and I couldn't wait to try them. I chose to use pink iridescent hexagons. 


     This design is very simple to achieve. However, it is time consuming. It's as easy as painting on a base color of your choice. (I chose to pick a color that matched the hexagons. Which in my case was neon pink.) Then adding a some top coat over that, and individually placing the hexagons one by one onto your nails. I also recommend that when you finish you add two layers of a thick topcoat, or three of a thin top coat. This will completely seal the hexagons in and make the surface completely smooth. 

They kind of look like fish scales, don't they? I love them !  



Polish Used
1. Sally Hansen CSM - Lavender Cloud (White base for the neon I chose)
2. Sinful Colors - 24/7

No comments:

Post a Comment