Monday, January 7, 2013

Purple/Teal Gradiant Dream Catcher Design

     Here is yet another dream catcher design. (this makes my third one) Here's a look at my last two. Each time I do them they get a little better. However I like the gradient much better on my second design. 


     Anyways, enough talk about those. This post is about my third, and newest dream catcher design. I decided to do another dream catcher design because I wanted to use one of my fimo sticks in my design (since I have so many, but hardly use them) I decided upon using the  purple feather/leaf fimo. I used it as the feather on the dream catcher, instead of painting the feathers like before. I absolutely love the design. 


Just a quick explanation of how I accomplished this design. 
1. Paint nails with a light purple/lavender color
2. Sponge on some teal
3. Add a bit of topcoat, and apply some loose glitter (I chose an iridescent purple glitter)
4. Use Black acrylic paint and a brush to paint on the dream catchers
5. Use white acrylic paint to add white dots on any area of the dream catcher you wish. (not a necessary step, I just thing it adds a nice touch to the design)
6. Pick a purple chunky glitter polish, put some on a piece of scrap paper/palette/ etc and pick out pieces of the glitter and add those to your dream catcher in any places you want. 
7. Cut 10 slices of fimo. (my pinky fingers do not have fimo, I broke both of them, and the fimo is too big, and I also added two feathers to my thumb) 
8. Add a bit of topcoat where you are applying the fimo, and stick it on. 
9. Last, but not least, add your topcoat. 

Here is the fimo stick I decided to use. You can find these on various nail art sites, but I suggest Ebay. 




 Here are a few more pictures. 




Polishes Used
1. Sally Hansen - Lacey Lilac
2. N.Y.C.- Mint Breeze
3. No name Halloween glitter polish
4. Revlon - Stunning
5. I also used white and black acrylic paint

No comments:

Post a Comment